RESILIENCE (REligious Studies Infrastructure: tooLs, Expert, conNections and CEnters in Europe)The IEG is involved as a partner in the project RESILIENCE (REligious Studies Infrastructure: tooLs, Expert, conNections and CEnters in Europe) financed by the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation “Horizon 2020”.
12 partner institutions from 10 countries are involved in this project. It aims to establish an interdisciplinary research infrastructure that provides decentralised access to digitised sources, research results, expertise and tools for religious studies. The European Union has defined religious studies as a strategically important “high impact area” and promotes the networking of excellent researchers and the social visibility of their research. RESILIENCE takes this into account by linking religious studies more closely with digital humanities, promoting young researchers, stimulating exchange between different fields of research concerned with religions, and contributing to the application of new methodological approaches. The research infrastructure will provide access to digital and physical data relating to religions in the broadest sense. In addition, RESILIENCE will support researchers* in the selection and application of digital tools for the collection, processing and analysis of data relating to religion. RESILIENCE primarily serves the academic community, but also enables non-academics to deal with religion-related questions.
RESILIENCE is based on the excellence and long-standing cooperation of the partner institutions, which include not only large university faculties but also research institutes such as the IEG and particularly specialized institutions in Southern and Eastern Europe.
The consortium consists of the following institutions:
- Fondazione per le Scienze Religiose Giovanni XXIII (IT)
- Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Muenster (DE)
- École Pratique des Hautes Études (FR)
- KU Leuven (BE)
- Leibniz-Institut für Europäische Geschichte (DE)
- Uniwersytet Warszawski (PL)
- Institut für Angewandte Informatik (DE)
- Theological University of Apeldoorn (NL)
- Sofiiski Universitet Sveti Kliment Ohridski (BG)
- Volos Academy for Theological Studies (GR)
- Universitet U Sarajevu (BIH)
- Albanian University UFO (AL)