Ausschreibungen im Detail
The Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) in Mainz is an independent research institute within the Leibniz Association. It conducts research on the religious, political, social and cultural foundations of Europe in the early modern and modern period and runs an international fellowship programme. As a member of the Mainz Centre for Digitality in the Humanities and Cultural Studies (mainzed), the IEG is committed to the enhancement of digital tools and methods as well as the development of digital research infrastructures (http://www.ieg-mainz.de). The IEG invites applications for the position of
Head of Digital Historical Research (TV-L EG 15).The position is initially limited to five years with the aim of continuing.
You will be in charge of the new Digital Historical Research unit. Its aim is to systematically implement digital instruments in the research work of the IEG and to ensure the cooperative access and re-use of digital research data. Your tasks in detail are:
- research on and with methods and techniques of the digital humanities within the framework of the research programme of the IEG as well as application and, if applicable, management of third-party funded research projects and cooperation networks;
- management of the Digital Humanities Lab of the IEG:
- steering cooperative research in the lab for the model development of digital procedures and methods for IEG research;
- integrating individual research projects of the Lab members into the three IEG research areas, in collaboration with the research coordinator;
- coordinating the IEG contributions to the Mainz Master's programme "Digital Methods in the Humanities and Cultural Studies" (https://tinyurl.com/yczaqerm);
- supporting researchers at the IEG in conceptualizing and applying for projects with digital components;
- responsibility for the enhancement of the IEG digital research infrastructure in order to make research data findable, accessible, interoperable and re-usable; responsible for merging existing IEG digital resources ("IEG digital"), in cooperation with the partner institutions of mainzed;
- representation of the IEG in European, national and regional forums for digital humanities and in networks for digital research infrastructures.
- university degree, either in
- Digital Humanities or in
- computer science with proven competence in the humanities
- one of the historical disciplines of the humanities, with proven computational skills
- publications relevant to the job profile
- several years of management experience with personnel responsibility
- experience in applying for third-party funding and in setting up international cooperations
- very good knowledge of German and English
The full-time position may be divided into part-time positions. Severely handicapped persons with equal qualification are given preferential consideration. For any questions, please contact the IEG's research coordinator, Dr Joachim Berger (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0049-6131-39-39370).
Please send your application (with CV, proof of cooperations and third-party funding, certificates, list of publications) by e-mail to the Personnel Department of the Leibniz Institute of European History (email@example.com) by 26.02.2019, quoting the identification number L-DHF2019; please submit all documents in a single PDF.
Announcement (pdf document)